Termini e condizioni di prenotazione
Dear Guests, Jen and Nick Thompson welcome you to the Premises of La Cour de Husson and hope that you will enjoy your stay here. This document contains the underlying Terms and Conditions for all Bookings for the Gîtes. They may look intimidating, but they are an important way of communicating the precise nature of the agreement between each individual Guest and the Proprietors. We hope that they will forestall any future potential issues. The Principal Guest is responsible for ensuring that all Guests are made aware of these Terms and Conditions to the extent that they are relevant to their stay. The Principal Guest is identified by name in the booking communications, which may take one of several different forms, depending on the source of the Booking.
The Gîte Welcome Book also forms part of these Terms and Conditions, although it is primarily a set of instructions, advices and hints about how to get the most from your stay.
1.1 The Booking is a contract between Jen and Nick Thompson (The Proprietors) and to you the renter (The Guest), as named on the various booking communications.
1.2 The Booking comprises any and all communications between The Guest and The Proprietors.
2.1 The rental is inclusive of water, electricity, and use of the gardens and swimming pool areas of La Cour de Husson/the gîte. The swimming pool and gardens of La Cour de Husson are shared between the two gîtes known as “Gîte 1” and “Gîte 2”. The rental cost excludes the local tourist tax (taxe de séjour) which is payable by The Guest on arrival (in 2024 between 1,75€ and 3€ per adult per night aged 18 or over – this changes based on the number of adults staying) and should be paid in cash unless previously agreed otherwise.
2.2 To reserve the property The Guest should read the booking form and conditions and make arrangements to pay the full balance indicated.
2.2 We accept all major credit cards, or you can pay through Paypal on our website.
2.3 We also accept payment via bank transfer. Please call or email us – details here
2.4 Following the receipt of the fee and completing the booking form (on the website), The Proprietors will send confirmation of the booking. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
3.1 The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form. We must be informed in advance of any alteration. The maximum capacity of the gîte is 6 people and this must not be exceeded. Only the number of people stated on the booking form may occupy the property, even if the maximum occupancy is not reached.
3.2 The rental period commences at 5pm on the first day and ends at 9am on the last day. The Proprietors will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and The Guest will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. The Guest’s co-operation in complying with this is appreciated so that there is sufficient time to prepare the property for the following Guests, although we will consider reasonable requests to vary the times, if possible.
3.3 Under no circumstances shall The Proprietors’ liability to The Guest exceed the amount already paid to The Proprietors under this booking.
4.1 The Principal Guest must be a member of the Guest Party, all of whose names and full contact details must be set out on the “Fiche Individuelle de police Pour Les Touristes Etrangers” form, to be filled in on check in.
4.2 No person other than those pre-notified on the above-mentioned Fiche may join the Guest Party, or substitute for another identified member of the Party, without the formally notified agreement of The Proprietors.
4.3 Parties which are booked through an external booking site must also complete the “Fiche Individuelle de Police Pour Les Touristes Etrangers”, which is an additional legal requirement, and obtains information which will not normally be notified to The Proprietors by the external booking site.
- Guests are not permitted to invite third parties to the gîte who have not been named in the Booking, without the prior notification to and consent of the Proprietors before the first day of the Rental Period. The facilities of the gîte, and particularly the grounds and pool, are for the exclusive use of Guests who will have paid for the privilege, and can be bound by these terms and conditions. Third parties not identified on the Booking cannot practically be bound by these conditions and so cannot be entertained at the Premises without the Proprietors’ consent.
- We know things can get in the way of holidays, so if you need to change the dates of your booking please contact us with as much notice as possible, and we will always try our best to accommodate you. Should you need to cancel your booking after it has been confirmed, the person making the booking must notify us in writing. In the event of a cancellation, the following charges, based on the basic rental cost, are payable from the date we receive your notification. We would advise that you insure against cancellation.
– If the booking is cancelled more than 30 days before the check-in date a 50% refund will be issued to your original payment method. If it is possible to rebook the cancelled dates with another customer a 90% refund will be given.
– If the booking is cancelled between 30 and 7 days before the check-in date a 25% refund will be issued to your original payment method. If it is possible to rebook the cancelled dates with another customer a 90% refund will be given.
– If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before the reservation is due to commence then there will be no refund. If it is possible to rebook the cancelled dates with another customer a 50% refund will be given.
7.1 The Proprietors don’t take a security deposit, as we expect that guests will treat the gîte with the utmost respect, as you would your own home. We do ask, however, that if anything gets broken or damaged during your stay that you inform us immediately so that we can rectify the situation for your convenience and before the next guests arrive.
7.2 Tanning products and sun creams with bronzer may stain the fabric of The Premises, linens, towels, or the liner of the swimming pool, and are hereby not permitted to be used anywhere on the Territory. The Guest will be liable for the repair or replacement costs of articles damaged by the use of tanning products.
7.3 The Guest is advised to report any defects in the Gîte accommodation, including any missing items from the inventory, to The Proprietors within 24 hours of arrival. After that point in time, The Guest may be held liable by The Proprietors for any damage found after departure such as during preparations of the gîte for the next Guests’ arrivals. Arrangements for repairs and/ or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
8.1 The Guest agrees to be considerate and to take good care of the gîte and the facilities. 8.2 The Guest agrees to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Proprietors don’t charge a cleaning fee, however, if the gîte is left in a very untidy state then we reserve the right to charge a €100 excess cleaning fee. This which would need to be paid to The Proprietors within 14 days of departure.
9.1 The Proprietors cannot be responsible for any failure on your part to make the necessary travel arrangements, nor for delays or cancellations due to third parties.
9.2 All Guests Are required to be covered by holiday travel insurance that covers Third Party Liability, including for damage caused to the gîte premises and grounds. In the case of significant material damage caused by the actions of any Guests or their unauthorised invited visitors, which cannot be reclaimed from the Proprietors’ own insurance, the Principal Guest may be made personally liable whether or not she or he has taken out insurance to cover the Booking.
The Gîte and Grounds
10.1 The Gîte premises are based on a centuries-old structure. Whilst it has all the equipment and services described on the web site or Booking site, its character and fabric will reflect its age and practical condition. Guests will be responsible, through the contract the Principal Guest, to avoid further deterioration to the fabric or contents of the Premises beyond that which was apparent when all or any of them arrived.
10.2 The gite is offered as a relatively peaceful rural location for Guests to relax and enjoy the facilities. The Proprietors cannot be held responsible for any disruptive noises or inconveniences caused by activities beyond the Premises, such as in the surrounding locale, nor for any utilities or emergency services which may need to enter the premises to deal with unforeseen events or emergencies.
10.3 Guests are asked not to use the Premises to host parties. Non-Guests shall not be invited by any Guest to participate in any celebrations at the Premises, unless by specific prior arrangement with the Proprietors
10.4 The Guest agrees not to act in any way which would cause a nuisance or disturbance to those residents in any neighbouring property. Should we consider your behaviour to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the gîte. No refunds will be made.
10.5 Bedding, linen and towels are provided for use only inside the apartment. We can provide a baby travel cot at no extra charge on request, however, we ask Guests to bring their own cot linen. Clean linen will be provided on Saturdays for stays of 2 weeks or more. Additional towels for use at the pool are available free of charge if required.
Smoking and Pets
- The Proprietors operate a strict no smoking policy inside the property and in and around the pool area for the comfort of other guests. Guests are permitted to smoke in the open gardens (away from eating areas), but please be respectful of other guests and carefully dispose of the cigarette ends in the ashtrays provided.
- Pets are not permitted on the property. As much as we love pets, we have our own so we can’t accommodate any others. We have a cockapoo named Betty and two cats Moomoo and Peepo who are mainly indoor cats.
- The Proprietors shall not be liable to The Guest:-
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property, pool or garden.
- for the loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, or other matters beyond the control of The Proprietors.
- for the loss, damage, or inconvenience caused to or suffered by The Guest if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, The Proprietors shall within seven days of notification to the Guest, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- for any loss, injury, death or damage which may be incurred while staying at the property.
- for the personal safety and security of guests (or their belongings) whilst on our premises / using items supplied by ourselves. It is The Guest’s responsibility to ensure that all children are supervised, particularly in and around the pool area and gardens. There is no lifeguard at the pool and no fencing, so children must be supervised at all times in and around the pool.
- for any loss, theft, or damage to cars parked at the property.
- for any person under the age of 18 drinking alcohol from the honesty bar.
- The Proprietors accept no responsibility for injury or death which may be incurred whilst using the swimming pool. Children must be supervised at all times both in and out of the swimming pool.
- Complaints: In the event of a complaint arising, either on arrival or after your stay has commenced, please contact The Proprietors so that remedial action, where necessary, can be taken without delay. The Proprietors will do everything possible to deal with any difficulties both quickly and effectively. The Proprietors retain the right to enter the property at any reasonable time to deal with any complaints and to carry out any repairs deemed necessary to the property or equipment. Any complaint after departure must be in writing within 14 days of your departure.
Personal information and Data Protection
16.1 All guests must supply basic personal information capable of identifying them to public Authorities in case of any emergency or other relevant occurrence.
16.2 Any personal information collected by the Proprietors will be held for at least 18 months in order to satisfy police and tourist authority requirements; except Finance-related details, which will be retained for six years.
- This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
Cosa è incluso?
Biancheria da letto 100% cotone premium
Asciugamani di prima qualità per l’interno dell’alloggio e teli da mare per la piscina.
Un cesto di benvenuto all’arrivo
2 colazioni vegane a buffet gratuite a settimana – servite in una zona pranzo all’aperto o nella vostra gîte, comunicandoci la vostra preferenza.
Abbiamo una bella e grande piscina che può essere utilizzata durante il vostro soggiorno presso di noi. L’orario di apertura è dalle 9.00 alle 20.00. Si prega di non utilizzare la piscina al di fuori di questi orari, in quanto in questi periodi dobbiamo provvedere alla pulizia e alla manutenzione giornaliera della piscina.
La piscina è dotata di due allarmi (al momento dell’arrivo verrà mostrato agli ospiti come utilizzarli), ma non di un bagnino o di una recinzione. I bambini devono essere sorvegliati in ogni momento, sia dentro che fuori la piscina.
Siete invitati a suonare la musica intorno alla piscina, ma vi preghiamo di mantenerla a un livello ragionevole per non disturbare gli altri ospiti e i nostri vicini. È vietato mangiare e bere in piscina e non è consentito l’uso di bicchieri intorno alla piscina. Nell’alloggio e nel bar all’aperto sono presenti bicchieri di plastica riutilizzabili che possono essere utilizzati.
Nella proprietà c’è spazio per un massimo di 4 auto per gli ospiti. A quest’area si accede dalla strada e non è chiusa a chiave. Tutte le auto sono parcheggiate a proprio rischio e pericolo. Si prega di utilizzare solo l’area di parcheggio designata, non è consentito parcheggiare in altre aree della proprietà.
Check-in / Check-out
Durante l’alta stagione (3 giugno – 15 settembre) il check-in si effettua il sabato e il soggiorno minimo è di 7 notti.
Al di fuori dell’alta stagione, siamo più flessibili con i giorni di check-in e il soggiorno minimo è di 3 notti (a meno che non sia stato concordato diversamente, si prega di
per discutere se avete bisogno di un soggiorno di 2 notti).
L’orario di arrivo è in qualsiasi momento dalle 17.00 a mezzanotte. (Se avete un volo più tardivo, fatecelo sapere in anticipo e saremo lieti di accontentarvi).
Il check-out è previsto alle 9:00. Dobbiamo fare in modo di avere il tempo necessario per pulire a fondo gli alloggi e completare il cambio per i prossimi ospiti. Vi ringraziamo in anticipo per aver rispettato questo orario.
Nel fienile all’aperto, nel giardino, disponiamo di una bellissima area per sedersi e pranzare, che potrete utilizzare durante il vostro soggiorno. Vi invitiamo a servirvi delle bevande (per la legge francese, solo i maggiori di 18 anni possono consumare bevande alcoliche) e degli spuntini dell’honesty bar. C’è una cassetta per i pagamenti, in modo da poter continuare a offrire questo servizio a tutti gli ospiti.
In quest’area ci sono anche giochi da tavolo e una biblioteca di libri che potrete utilizzare. Se desiderate portare a casa uno dei libri, vi preghiamo di scambiarlo con uno dei vostri, in modo da poter continuare a offrire questo bel servizio a tutti gli ospiti.
L’ingresso dell’alloggio è a livello del terreno e conduce alla cucina, alla sala da pranzo e al soggiorno. La camera da letto al piano inferiore è dotata di due gradini ed entrambi i bagni si trovano al primo piano. Un bagno ha una cabina doccia e l’altro bagno ha una vasca con doccia sopra la vasca. Ci sono scale ripide per raggiungere il primo piano e un punto di svolta stretto sul pianerottolo dalle scale. La piscina e i giardini sono accessibili da terra senza gradini, ma per entrare in piscina ci sono dei gradini. Per favore
se avete bisogno di ulteriori informazioni sull’accessibilità.